Sunday, April 27, 2008

Carousel Walk

I'm not sure where I first learned this strategy, but it works wonders. I have used it for multiple classes and multiple topics. It starts with 5-6 sheets of chart paper. On the top of each page list a topic or question that students will need to respond to. I have my students start with writing an answer on a post-it note that they will take to the group chart paper. Students have time to share ideas while at the station and then they add information as a group to the chart paper. As students respond they are allowed to rotate until they have reached all of the stations.

I think this strategy works well for my students to see other ideas as well as gives them time to share their ideas before having to write anything formally. This works great as a review for a test.

No comments: